Hey – WAKE UP!
This is happening because we’re letting it. It’s time to shut this mess down. This is a food blog, but just as we get involved in political issues that impact our food, we must get involved in the bigger picture battles than threaten our very way of life – This political season is the biggest battle of our lives.
There are tens of thousands of visitors to this blog, each and every week. I see the stats, I know that those are real, live, thinking people, most of whom are Americans capable of voting and getting personally involved in the political process. To all those intelligent, creative, capable people I know here, I’m talking to you. For my non-American friends, please read this, and comment if you wish – I know many of you are far more familiar with this style of politics than I, and I welcome your thoughts. If you’re a supporter of Donald Drumpf or Rafael Cruz, then this probably isn’t for you; nonetheless, I welcome you’re input as well.
Now, to the party of the first part from the paragraph above. If each of us truly acted – not only voted, but began a concerted campaign to override the terrifying reality hurtling towards us, we can and will derail this shitstorm.
Step outside your comfort zone.
Get as passionate and involved as the enemy is. And have no doubt, they are the enemy. Drumpf and Cruz are smart, focused, driven people, backed by endless money and power. They are incredibly dangerous, and they’re attacking US – This is OUR country, and it’s being taken away before our eyes by a zealot and a sociopath, backed by the Koch brothers and the rest of the .05% that are trying to turn us into docile farm animals – They simply must be stopped. Got a revolution? That’s what it’s going to take, so strap on your words and let’s go kick some ass – Lets roll, people…
Speak with and to anyone and everyone about this. Challenge, prod, demand, cajole, do anything and everything necessary to make people understand.
If you’re not political, or even if you think you are, let me explain the keynote feature of this war that you simply must understand and act from – This is about sales, and nothing more – that’s what the enemy is doing – Selling a dismayingly sociopathic, dangerous line of horse shit that is swaying the masses hook, line, and sinker. They must be stopped.
Don’t think that everyone who is voting for these tools is stupid, either – That kind of elitist tripe won’t win a single battle. Sure, many of them are not the sharpest pencils in the box, but they’re more than capable of believing and acting, as we’re seeing every day. They can be swayed from this path. They must be swayed from this path, and we must do the guiding.
Those of us who have succeeded in the world of sales, (And believe me when I tell you that I’m one of the best salesmen you’ve ever met), you must know what it takes to succeed, so let me share.
We called it SWAT – Sales With Aggressive Tactics. That’s what it will take, so learn it well, learn it now, and deploy the tools anywhere and everywhere you can.
Here’s the bottom line tools you need.
1. You won’t convince anyone of anything with your words – You’ll do that with their words.
2. You can and should explain what’s real, but they need to say/nod/agree/believe it’s true. You do that by posing a position/offer/agreement as a question – When they respond with an agreement of their own, then you’ve sewn the seed.
3. You cannot and will not sell anything unless you offer something in exchange – This is a transaction, and your client needs to feel/sense/believe that they get something of value, something they want, in exchange for what you’re asking of them. What people want is relief from the horror show our government has become. They want to feel safe, cared for, listened to, believed. Here’s an exchange from the movie, The American President, that sums up our current situation perfectly,
– Lewis: People want leadership. And in the absence of genuine leadership, they will listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership, Mr. President. They’re so thirsty for it, they’ll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there’s no water, they’ll drink the sand.
– Sheperd: Lewis, we’ve had Presidents who were beloved, who couldn’t find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don’t drink the sand because they’re thirsty, Lewis. They drink it because they don’t know the difference.
4. This means that you’ve got homework to do – Instead of being merely disgusted by what you’re hearing and reading, you must become a student of the enemy – Jump on the Drumpf and Cruz websites, and read everything there – Memorize it, know it, do your due diligence on the background of key positions. With that in hand, study the truth and falsehoods and know them just as intimately. Then sit down and write out your battle plan – Design responses/offers/positions/repercussions/results that effectively counter the enemy’s position – Do this with exactly the same tools they use – The facts are that these people are liars and thieves, and they must be effectively exposed – Your responses, your positions, your weapons must be more desirable than theirs. That’s not hard, because the truth is out there – Just as people will believe the lie, they’ll believe the truth, if it’s sold to them properly.
5. That exchange needs to be confirmed, agreed to, bought by their own words and actions – Listen, if I do/say/show/explain this, will you buy it? Use your own passion and energy wisely, but use it. When you say something important, look your client in the eyes – If you’re saying something that you want to sell, and you ask that sales question, nod your head, and watch how they react – When they nod in agreement, you’ve sewn the seed. When you want to sell something they must not believe/buy/do, shake your head – When they mirror that head shake, you’ve sewn the seed. Remember – Ask the questions and get them to respond verbally – Any time thereafter that they backtrack, you gently remind them, “hey, hold on – you agreed with me, remember? You said ” ___________”, those were your words, right? You nodded your head when we were talking, right? Look, I’m not trying to sell you anything here – I’m listening to you and offering you exactly what you say you need and want, nothing more – that’s right, isn’t it? Don’t you agree with that?” And so it goes.
6. Finally, don’t assume the sale until it’s signed on the dotted line, done deal – You must follow every client’s progress right up to and including inking the deal – the right vote. That’s what the enemy is doing. You must keep the fire lit, be following up at an effective interval that doesn’t discomfort your client. You must make sure they do the deed.
Anything less is just words in the wind – bitching, moaning, worrying or flipping out won’t get it done.
Get focused, get active, get busy. If each and every one of you don’t take this to heart and act, we will lose, guaranteed.
This started as a simple share of a post. I’ve been editing it for the last hour. I’m liking where it’s at now. Take it, use it, share it.
Again, This political season is the biggest battle of our lives. Get involved, spread the word, and win this war. Lets take these people down. Let’s take back our country, now.